Call for entries for Student Branch Website Contest
R10 Student Activities Committee (SAC) invites Student Branches to submit entries for Student Branch Website Contest.
Scope of entries
The Student Branch Website Contest is organized to identify the best websites amongst various branches within IEEE. The winner of the contest qualifies for the inter-regional website contest.
All IEEE student branches and branch chapters are eligible for the Web site contest. Each student branch may enter at most one Web site, regardless of the number of branch chapters present.
The website provide information about activities held in the Student Branch as well as update members about upcoming competitions/events being organized by IEEE within the Section/Council/Region. The website may also provide a means for students to communicate with each other.
- Only Student Branches can send entries for the contest.
- Entry must contain the following information:
- URL of the website.
- Key features of the website.
- Details about the framework(s) / technologies used.
- With the entry, the source code of the website must also be attached.
- For student branches needing web hosting space, please visit IEEE Entity Web Hosting .
- IEEE Master Brandguidelines must be followed, as they are part of the judging criteria.
- The complete Rules and Guidelines, that include the criteria judges will use to evaluate the web sites, are available for all Student Branches. Winners of the IEEE Region 10 Student Branch Website contest will flow up to the International contest level.
IEEE Student Branch Website Contest Rules
Prizes will be given to the top 3 winners of the contest, that will be decided by the judging committee of the competition and the R10 SAC Committee.
- 1st Prize – USD 500 + Certificate + Qualify for inter-regional website contest*
- 2nd Prize – USD 300 + Certificate
- 3rd Prize – USD 200 + Certificate
Student Branches must send in their entries before 22nd April, 2015.
Entry must be endorsed and submitted by Student Branch Counselor.
Entries need to be sent to
IEEE REGION 10 SAC Chair
Dr. Rajesh B. Ingle
IEEE REGION 10 Student Representative